[x3d-public] HAnim diagnostics autogenerated from X3DUOM

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jul 4 17:39:47 PDT 2020

In general, am not putting url links in diagnostic output because they tend to work in plain-text console mode first.

When obscure, such links sometimes can be found in the source.

Links also appear in X3D XML Schema and X3DUOM for authoritative paragraphs on nodes, statements, field types, etc.  These continue to point to X3Dv3.3 until we are ready to release X3D4.

Many tests (perhaps the majority) are just enforcing regular X3D rules like strict typing and accessType restrictions, so the diagnostic response tends to be straightforward.

Best reference for what you suggest: additional links for Hints and Warnings and related documentation appear throughout the nodes, statements, fields and field types in the X3D Tooltips so you can go there and frequently find an explanation.  These have been refined steadily as we work through examples and problems.  Additions and refinements are always welcome.

* X3D Tooltips version 4.0
   https://web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html

On 6/26/2020 7:59 AM, John Carlson wrote:

> Oh, I mean put the flag link either on the html page, or a summary page.
>
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:57 AM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com <mailto:yottzumm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I wonder if it would be possible to flag (with a flag hyperlinked to log anchor) when we have discovered an HAnim error in a scenegraph.
>
>     Your thoughts on this capability welcome!
>
>     John
>
>     On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:49 AM John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com <mailto:yottzumm at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Great work, Don!

thanks

>         Suggestions on how to fold these changes into JSON schema welcome.

we continue to wait for an update that is supported by tools.

* http://json-schema.org

when that glorious day of json sunshine arrives, it will be straightforward to apply best practices and design patterns for X3D JSON Schema using X3DUOM.  That is already occurring for some diagnostics (reported earlier in this thread), Java, Python and Turtle.

have a nice X3D day!  8)