[x3d-public] web3d working group demos > HAnim >CrowdSystemComponent

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 8 21:07:30 PDT 2020

➢ I don't know, cause i don't know if it is standart HAnim. I didn't try...
Well the hard part of animating the skin using a skeleton is binding each and every vertex indexed by the order of appearance in the user code to one or more Joint nodes and assign a weight to control the vertex displacement. Thus, it is the number of points and joints that add complexity. I don’t think it matters how the polygons of the mesh are connected except I know it is easier to do by hand if the points and polygons are well-ordered.
Thanks,
Joe

| can you send this model on the email?
It was in in the attachment of a personal mail
How many points?
white_dune counts 8206 polygons. I think, there are 3 or 4 points per polgon,
but some point are used in 3 or 4 polygons....
There are about 11000 Points. It runs fluent on a raspberry PI (10000 poygons limit) or a buisness PC (about 11000 polygons limit).
How is it bound to a skeleton?
This was made with white_dune.
To get a idea, how skin and bones are used in white_dune see the lower half of
https://wdune.ourproject.org/docs/usage_docs/dune4kids_animal_en.html
Can we bind it to an example skeleton,
I don't know, cause i don't know if it is standart HAnim. I didn't try...
or does the makehuman output a skeleton and skin with the index and weight?
makehuman can output only the mesh (of cloths and the body).

so long
MUFTI