[x3d-public] x3dom prototypes, extern proto

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:26:36 PDT 2020

The view3dscene log explains the problem:

"""
Warning: X3D: Error ESocketError when loading inline file from URL "https://
/wdune.ourproject.org/examples/vrml_benz/kurve_benz.wrl": Host name
resolution for "" failed.
"""

The problem is here 3 slashes after https:/// ,  while it should have been
just 2. Mistakenly we see hostname as "" instead of "wdune.ourproject.org".
As far as I know, this is not a correct URL (and admittedly we should
report it better).

The view3dscene log is on stdout (on Unix) or
c:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/view3dscene/view3dscene.log (on Windows).

Regards,
Michalis