[x3d-public] X3D Meta-Object Model

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 09:48:33 PDT 2020

In an ongoing effort to stamp XML off the planet, I present the high level
requirements for the X3D Meta-Object Model, X3DMOM.

1.  Fully translate X3DUOM to JSON Schema, XML Schema, Java, Python,
JavaScript...  Provide roundtrip testing of X3DUOM source code.
2.  Generate X3DJSAIL, x3d.py, x3d.mjs, ...
3.  Read in X3DUOM, X3D XML Schema.  Provide class hierarchies in various
languages for doing X3DUOM operations (writing autoclass, fieldTypes,
mapToMethod files, etc.)
4.  Write the X3DUOM as Java, JavaScript, Python, and JSON objects.

I'm going to start working on this soon.  I think the X3DUOM .xsd should be
a good place to start.

Don, if you want to take over es6/x3d.mjs, you are welcome to do it in a
stylesheet.  I have set a good pattern for the skeleton of the classes,
which can be fleshed out.

Jeff, if you want to work on this with me, you are welcome!

Yeah, another brain fart!