[x3d-public] X3D minutes 5 June 2020: Web3D 2020 papers deadline, mantis issues, refining some field names

J. Scheurich mufti11 at web.de
Sat Jun 6 21:00:42 PDT 2020

> 1.  User provides a mesh. I have done this before.  It is too slow for
> a 100x100 IFS (20000 polygons I think).
It depend on your graphics card and driver.
For the rasberry PI and some other systems i meshured the performace in
3000 Polygon-Steps
(1 NURBS-Object with uv/Tessellation 0)

https://wdune.ourproject.org/docs/usage_docs/white_dune_rasberry_pi.odp

(in german but page 5 is a readable table).
A raspberry PI (shared Memory graphics card) can do 30000 polygons, a
Intel HD 3000 shared
memory graphics card (this is a common card on older "office"-laptops)
can do 33000 polygons.
There are very much faster graphic cards on "game laptops"....
The fastest graphics card on this list is a very slow (processor)
Mac-book....

The only systems that are not able to do 20000 polygons are a 8 year old
netbook and a
ARM chromebook without a 3D driver.

so long
MUFTI