[x3d-public] X3D minutes 5 June 2020: Web3D 2020 papersdeadline, mantis issues, refining some field names

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 7 05:45:37 PDT 2020

➢ It seems like I should be using blender to create X3D.

Get the blender x3d export working, then you will have it, except for the stuff that x3d does and blender doesn’t, or vice-versa. The way it makes stuff, is same data, different names and data structures, and event systems. Well, you could use x3d to create a blender. Lots of work above and under the covers.
Like the goal vrml and later html adopted, there is enough in x3d for you to build any sort of frontend authoring system you wish for. Look and see that all you need to build you own user interface is in there and please tell if something is missing.
The info you want, maybe, is what is in blender or any other tool that is not in x3d? Or, as we progress, what is not in x3d that you need? Then, maybe that can be worked on.
Thanks,
Joe