[x3d-public] Progress on X3D JSON schema validation--addition of pattern

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Jun 7 12:04:15 PDT 2020

You probably know the following but may find it useful to cross check.

* X3D Regular Expressions (regexes)
   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dRegularExpressions.html

These are XML regular expressions.  Primary differences would be separators, note that these forbid intermediate commas within Vec2f/Vec3f/Color/Orientation/etc. values since that can mask flaws that are difficult to debug in very long arrays.

Wondering if you had considered normalizing or minifying JSON before applying regex, or simply have regex handle that.