[x3d-public] [x3d] Spec Comment by dougsandenon19775-1:X3DArchitecture - V3.0

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 15 15:18:00 PDT 2020

One thing is that we might tend to name available functions from the tools and map the tools to the human. Best to start with what the human can do or wants to do and map the human to the tools. That is why the tools need to provide an accessible list of functions. Also, that is why we want figure out define what the human should be able to do to interact with the scene.
For navigation, it has to be up to the author to set the best mode, then for the user to be able to select another. Simple things, like is examine to supposed to adjust the view by rotating a selected part of the scene, or for the view to orbit around a selected point, may turn out to be big questions.
Joe