[x3d-public] white_dune-1,880 has been publiced

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Jun 20 09:28:41 PDT 2020

MUFTI, congratulations on latest release and thanks for participating this week, very impressive!   8)

Especially great to see that you are now experimenting with X3D4 support.  We are working together to move some very big pieces of work into place, including glTF rendering and Web Audio spatialized sound.  Over the coming months our main activity will soon shift to implementation and evaluation of compelling X3D4 models.  It will be great to have White Dune among the tools showing what is possible.

Of note:

* White Dune Documentation
   https://wdune.ourproject.org/docs

- Documentation about translating white_dune to foreign languages
- Developer documentation
- Commandline usage examples
- Typical VRML97 examples
- dune4kids animation tutorials (5 total)
- dune programming tutorials
- Additional German-only documentation (Dokumentation nur in deutscher Sprache)

On 6/20/2020 5:26 AM, GPU Group wrote:
> Q. is white_dune properly listed in X3D Resources?
> If not, should ask to be.

You are certainly right Doug - and it is has long been there.  Please see another section of the page:

* X3D Resources: Applications
   https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Applications

"19. White Dune is a graphical VRML97/X3D editor, simple NURBS/Superformula 3D modeller, animation tool, and VRML97/X3DV command-line compiler. (FreeBSD, macOS, Linux, Unix, Windows)."

As ever, all improvements and suggestions are welcome.  Thanks MUFTI, Doug and everyone.  Have fun with X3D4!  8)