[x3d-public] X3D minutes 25 June 2020: SIGGRAPH and Web3D conference dates, Mantis issue review, many opportunities

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:49:24 PDT 2020

About glTF support in Castle Game Engine: I have a lot of links if anyone
is interested :)

- First of all you can get latest view3dscene (download at the top of
https://castle-engine.io/view3dscene.php now, use latest "snapshot" 3.19
version) and actually test it :)

- Just open any glTF model you find on the web! It will work (and if it
doesn't, submit a bugreport please :) ). Sketchfab has a lot of impressive
models you can download for free in glTF format:
https://sketchfab.com/features/gltf . Khronos has a collection of sample
glTF models on open-source licenses:
https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF-Sample-Models/

- Documentation about glTF support in Castle Game Engine is on
https://castle-engine.io/creating_data_model_formats.php#section_gltf

- There were many announcements in 2020 about the glTF progress in CGE.
Here they are, from newest to oldest, if you are interested in details:

===============
- Gamma Correction and Tone Mapping
  https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/06/20/gamma-correction-and-tone-mapping/

- Reading punctual lights from glTF
  https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/06/11/reading-punctual-lights-from-gltf/

- Huge optimizations of glTF animations, pool of scenes for FPS game,
limited PBR specular-glossiness support

https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/04/25/huge-optimizations-of-gltf-animations-pool-of-scenes-for-fps-game-limited-pbr-specular-glossiness-support/

- Lots of glTF work, new X3D extensions and conversion improvements

https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/04/19/lots-of-gltf-work-new-x3d-extensions-and-conversion-improvements/

- Fun with Sketchfab plugin in Blender, testing glTF performance

https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/04/11/fun-with-sketchfab-plugin-in-blender-testing-gltf-performance/

- Testing glTF with models from Sketchfab, improved per-vertex rendering
from glTF

https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/04/11/testing-gltf-with-models-from-sketchfab-improved-per-vertex-rendering-from-gltf/

- glTF skinned animation in Castle Game Engine

https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/04/01/gltf-skinned-animation-in-castle-game-engine/

- Blender exporters upgrades and fixes, glTF unlit support,
castle-anim-frames improvements, loading a series of models for animation

https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/03/22/blender-exporters-upgrades-and-fixes-gltf-unlit-support-castle-anim-frames-improvements-loading-a-series-of-models-for-animation/

- Physically-Based Rendering and lots of other lighting and materials
upgrades (in Castle Game Engine and X3D 4.0)

https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/03/07/physically-based-rendering-and-lots-of-other-lighting-materials-upgrades-in-castle-game-engine-and-x3d-4-0/

Best regards and have a good weekend everyone,
Michalis