[x3d-public] FW: FW: [x3d] Spec Comment by dougsandenon19774-2:HAnim MotionCapture -V1.0

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 30 14:34:00 PDT 2020

For the hanim toes, we have some feature points specified for the feet (Site nodes) and those would be the reference for adding other points to make the work, like the points added for the hands. Then, after figuring out the few points to add, I just connected the triangles to form the mesh. So, to make the feet complete, I am guessing adding about for points per toe joint. Take a look at the joe kick mesh code and see that in order to use this skin for v2 loa4, there are also some new sites over the body. To be complete then many other triangles would need to be changed. This is not totally necvessay t do because the existing skin is a fair example of how to use the specified site locations to form the skin space, but I still think it would be nice t complete the example for v2.
Other skins like for makehuman use many more points than joe kick and it would be nice to adopt a skin with more detail, but the final task is still vreating the joint to point bindings and weights. Several authoring tools have some helpers for this. Overall, I think we need three skins as examples: One with a minimum number of points, joe kick uses about 4—as well as one with about 1000 or so, and one with no more than about 2500. Note that the very fine skin example in medical is around 50000 points, if I remember right.
Thanks,
Joe