[x3d-public] Multi-Touch

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 13:54:15 PST 2020

  I exposed the multi-touch capability in freewrl
-Doug Sanden
I exposed the multi-touch capability in freewrl windows x64:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freewrl/files/freewrl-win32/4.0/
- version 450.msi
Launcher or in-browser [x] option:
[0] mouse [1] emulate multitouch [2] multitouch [3] gestures
1) emulate multitouch: you do a RMB right mouse button click to create a
touch-drag, and right-click on/near it again to delete it
-- you left-click-and-drag to move it
-- can have several touch drags alive at the same time
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/sensors/Drags.x3d
- example scene where you can have a touch down on 3 different sensors and
drag them separately,
-- no new nodes or changes to node fields needed for this example (but
internally something is treating each drag separately by ID)
2) multitouch
- implements windows7+ WM_TOUCH window events and supports multiple
simultaneous touches.as with the emulator

Wanting to implement the windows7 style WM_TOUCH handler in your app but
don't have a suitable touch device for testing?
a) windows.simulator emulates touches (but emulates GPU and some grpahics
programs like freewrl won't run under windows.simulator)
b) I made a touch-device-simulator that runs on a second windows computer
(and you use a mouse on it):and it talks to a TCP server on your main
computer.and it injects touches onto the desktop in a generic way, so can
be used for testing any WM_TOUCH enabled app.:

http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/touch/windows_touch_injection.zip