[x3d-public] X3D Semantic Web 2 MAR 2020: ontology review, URI, mapping metadata structures, RDFa

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Mar 2 09:34:46 PST 2020

[belated copy/paste addition from chat window]

On 3/2/2020 9:30 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:
> Jakub and I plan to write a paper on X3DUOM, which is the basis for X3D Ontology. He had excellent insights regarding themes for this work, we might analyze the X3D Ontology generation process from the semantics point of view:
> - what semantics can be taken from the X3D XSD, and then
> - what from X3DUOM, which provides more information about X3D than pure XSD, e.g., hierarchies of classes and properties.
> X3D XSD + X3DUOM enable generation of the X3D Ontology, which describes the combined semantics in a formal way compatible with the semantic web standards - suitable for reasoning and queries.

e.g., such an analysis can be presented in a table - what forms of 'preliminary semantics' can we represent in XSD and in X3DUOM, and how this is related to the final semantics in the X3D Ontology.

Also, are there any semantic concepts we would like to add, that have not been included in the XSD nor X3DUOM so far?