[x3d-public] X3D4 PBR specification review: updates and demos

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 16:01:56 PST 2020

GPU Group <gpugroup at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michalis,
> Q1. I downloaded today view3dscene_3.18.0-win64-x86_64.zip and master/pbr and ran all the samples and some seemed to work but this particular sample all the teapots looked normal and shiny - does that mean it couldn't find the material images?

Tested, confirmed:
For some (unknown for now) reason, Jenkins didn't update the
view3dscene in snapshots (
http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/view3dscene-snapshots/ ) after recent
merge of PhysicalMaterial implementation to CGE master. I kicked it
manually now. Thanks for reporting!

Fixed:
Please get the latest view3dscene from
http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/view3dscene-snapshots/ -- now
everything should work :)

Tested:
```
curl http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/view3dscene-snapshots/view3dscene-3.18.0-win64-x86_64.zip
-o v.zip
unzip v.zip
cd view3dscene/
./view3dscene.exe pbr/physical_material/metallic_roughness.x3dv
```

-> this is the best way to use Windows :) But you can also download
through a browser like a normal human being :)

> Q2. what if I'm a 'community member' of web3d -the free membership- is there a way I can log in and get the pull?

If you're a community member, then I think you should be able to
access -- someone just has to give you permissions to access
https://github.com/Web3DConsortium/X3D/ . GitHub permissions are not
automatically synchronized with the Web3D membership status, as far as
I know.

Don will hopefully answer better here.

>From my side, I really really want Doug to see my PR :) (But please
bear in mind that it's work-in-progress, substantial edits are
incoming, at 13th of March I hope to make it more-or-less-complete :)
).

Regards,
Michalis