[x3d-public] X3D4 PBR specification review: updates and demos

GPU Group gpugroup at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 16:36:53 PST 2020

OK thanks and the curl got the right one, renders like your screenshot now
thanks very much Michalis.
(but if I went back through something else then (some cache somewhere,
maybe local) would give me the older/stale version )

I looked at the sample files and from that I inferred the following nodes
and fields (which I assume are subject to change)

PhysicalMaterial

baseColor SFVec3f

baseTexture SFNode {ImageTexture,...}

baseTextureChannel SFInt32 0

normalTexture SFNode {ImageTexture...}

normalTextureChannel SFInt32 0

roughness SFFloat

metallic SFFloat

transparency SFFloat 0

Material

diffuseTexture SFNode {ImageTexture

diffuseTextureChannle SFInt32 0

ambientTexture SFNode {ImageTexture}

ambientTextureChannel SFInt32 0

specularTexture SFNode {ImageTexture}

specularTextureChannel SFInt32 0

normalTexture SFNode {ImageTexture...}

normalTextureChannel SFInt32 0

emissiveTexture SFNode {ImageTexture...}

emissiveTextureChannel SFInt32 0

shininessTexture SFNode {ImageTexture...}

shininessTextureChannel SFInt32 0

//you still have normal material fields

diffulseColor SFvec3f

emissiveColor SFVec3f

specularColor SFVec3f

shininess SFFloat 1.0

Can I start with this? I don't think it will take long to re-vamp if the
fields and nodes change.

Q. Is there any etiquette/constraint about using the same image dimensions
for each material/physicalMaterial texture, perhaps relating to conserving
GPU samplers by using samplerArray?

Thanks,

Doug