[x3d-public] Web3D COVID-19 Update

Anita Havele anita.havele at web3d.org
Wed Mar 18 19:34:30 PDT 2020

*Dear Web3D  Members and Community,*

*

Like all of you, we are monitoring the latest updates about the COVID-19
virus and recommendations of our respective governments and World Health
Organization.

We have been working through how best to respond to this rapidly
changing situation in a way that protects our staff, our members and the
community at large. Web3D members and partners, and similar
organizations have decided to suspend all travel until 30 April 2020.
In turn, all Web3D-organized events scheduled between now and 30 April
are to be held virtually or moved to a future time.

With so many events being cancelled across the world, we will resort to
engaging with you and the various communities we are active in through
conference calls, webinars, and direct communication. IEEE VR
<http://ieeevr.org/2020/>, where  Web3D will be presenting, has been
moved to an on-line <http://ieeevr.org/2020/online>free access
conference. Web3D 2020 <http://2020.web3dconference.org>Conference in
Seoul, South Korea has been postponed to 14-16 November 2020. We
continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and hope that global
business normalizes by July for SIGGRAPH 2020
<https://www.web3d.org/event/siggraph-2020>in Washington D.C.

We appreciate the expertise that you have in running so many Working
Groups virtually, so we are confident that the activities of the Web3D
will move ahead as always. We will continue evaluating the situation and
communicate any updates to you in a prompt manner.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach
out to anyone on the Web3D Consortium

Thanks and Regards,

The Web3D Team

*PS *

The NIH Print Exchange provides several X3D models of various Covid
<https://3dprint.nih.gov/discover?terms=covid&field_model_category_tag_tid%5B%5D=94&uid=&field_model_license_nid=All&sort_by=created&sort_order=DESC&items_per_page=24>/
Coronavirus
<https://3dprint.nih.gov/discover?terms=corona&field_model_category_tag_tid%5B%5D=94&uid=&field_model_license_nid=All&sort_by=created&sort_order=DESC&items_per_page=24>proteins…
See for yourself what is behind these challenging times!

*
--
Best regards,
Anita-Havele