[x3d-public] JSweet translation of X3DJSAIL to JavaScript

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 22:05:32 PDT 2020

We will need 4 serializers or stylesheets from X3D DOM to JavaScript which
show the 4 JavaScript SAI techniques:
    * X_ITE (VRMLScript)
    * X3DOM (Native JavaScript)
    * JSON (properties, prefixes, proxies)
    * X3DJSAIL setters/getters (as seen done in Nashorn, JSweet)

We need people to write, generate and perform test cases.

Who's volunteering?  Who's on the team, and who's leading the team?  I like
creating test cases, so I will volunteer to be the tester, as I was doing
JSON.   This means I will create the 4 serializers.  I nearly have 2
already, I guess.  Has anyone looked at the JS examples serialized files to
create an X3DESAIL library?  I feel comfortable producing JSON and X3DJSAIL
test cases.  I think Andreas can follow after me, and add the X_ITE and
X3DOM SAI test cases.  Does that seem like a good division of labor?  Is
there anyone else who will help? an AI?

What should the filenaming convention be to separate the 4 JS output files?

Is that the next step?

After that, we can discuss using XSTL, Python or JSweet to create X3DESAIL?

It just seems l am doubling my work when I'm trying to cut back.

I'm going to stop the TypeScript charge.

Thanks,