[x3d-public] JSweet translation of X3DJSAIL to JavaScript: need specific design goals first

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:23:09 PDT 2020

Design goal:  add existing X3D ecmascript SAI to HTML5 (chrome) and node.js

I tend to work from examples rather than specifications.  Once we have our
test cases, we can start coding the library, using “test driven
development.”  or “behavior driven development.”

We will build an npm environment, probably using webpack and yarn, and a
suitable test framework.   Then I will start coding tests using  the test
framework.   I believe we can use phantomjs or similar to run test cases in.

I will look for the Transform example.

Good news is I’m saving enough money on “shelter in place “ to afford a
Web3d membership.

John