[x3d-public] Finding more than one use of a DEF in VRML

Joseph D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 26 19:05:04 PDT 2020

➢ why HTML DOM is a poor choice...

not for a 2D scene using an life-support event model. Look deep and see how we use the latest DOM stuff to work with X3D.

The DOM is the DOM and the SAI is the SAI. They meet in the X3DOM for better or worse. But don’t worry,  the DOM will get there some day, just notice how much in just the past years it has become more alive and better able to approximate and (by the innovation applied by the realtime interactive graphics community and a more agreeable DOM) even interface with x3d style realtime system.

As for DEF/USE, there was an old html thing, I forget the name, but you defined the object in the head and then abused it by ID in the body.
Thanks,
Joe