[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] X3DOM ProtoDeclares that work.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:21:17 PDT 2020

Don, for more "wow," you might try NancyPrototypes.json.  The XML freezes
that tab of the browser.  I didn't wait.  JSON is quite quick.   However,
input does not work in all cases, because the HUD is unavailable.  I am
pretty happy with the results on NancyPrototypes.json!   Better than a
dismembered humanoid!  I suggest we purse the next version in XML, possible
with shadow DOM.

Perhaps we should get together with Andreas, Joe, You, and Me, and we
should discuss how to deal with "big data" in a web browser.  I think
perhaps we might go with WebASM for HAnim.   We can look at how various
languages compile to WebASM, and do some comparison between X3D browsers
compiled to WebASM. I would appreciate Andreas' architecture and software
design input on the development of a 2nd generation Prototype Expander for
X3DOM.  If your contacts are working with WebASM, we can bring them into
the conversation.