[x3d-public] file converter based on pythonocc

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Wed May 6 14:39:46 PDT 2020

Here is a further update which adds edge accents through LineSets

https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/andreasplesch/OCCToX3D/blob/conda2/notebooks/doc_to_wire_vrml.ipynb

Edges rendering is not natively supported by OCC but pythonocc has
extended functionality including edge rendering, meant for its x3dom
renderer.

The x3dom renderer can be used to generate X3D but the example uses
the native OCC vrml export (it has more interesting def/use nodes) and
adds on the XML level the x3dom renderer edges.

So this example uses now three sources for X3D: the OCC vrml export,
x3d.py, and pythonocc x3dom extensions, using XML as the glue.

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
Waltham, MA 02453