[x3d-public] X3dToJson.xslt vs DOM2JSONSerializer.js

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri May 8 01:54:32 PDT 2020

Okay, I have put in some tracing code into DOM2JSONSerializer.  It appears
that it is traversing up the tree as much as possible, even after it goes
down.  So I get to about 23 levels down, and can't proceed much farther.
Seems like I'm playing a game of rogue?

Anyway, If you want to debug my code, it's at:
https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/node/DOM2JSONSerializer.js

I suggest searching for `parentNode`.  I'm going to try to get some sleep.

I feel like a newb writing such code.  Thanks to people like Joe who make
good test examples, we'll track this down.

None of this affects code in either X_ITE or X3DOM!  My code in the
JSONParser does JSON -> XML, not XML to JSON.  DOM2JSONSerializer is not in
X_ITE or X3DOM to my knowledge. It does affect the X3DJSONLD.

However, I am somewhat concerned that X_ITE may be "freezing" like my code
when processing XML.  It may be worth searching for parentNode in x_ite or
x_ite_dom.

Use Joe's Skin Kick when testing.

John