[x3d-public] X3D Agenda 15 May: X3D4 status updates, Mantis issues

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu May 14 10:22:32 PDT 2020

Our agenda for weekly X3D teleconference this week: component progress updates and Mantis.

We will meet at our regular time, 0800-0930 pacific Friday 8 May 2020.  Zoom room coordinates are now linked via the Web3D Calendar. Note that all Web3D zoom conference lines are now protected by password.

[1.1] Web3D Teleconference Information
       https://www.web3d.org/member/teleconference-information

[1.2] Web3D Calendar
       https://www.web3d.org/calendar/month
       https://www.web3d.org/calendar/x3d-graphics-working-group/2019-09-13t150000-2019-09-13t163000-2019-09-20t150000-2019-09

1. Updates for all current activity: summaries by principal protagonists welcome so that everyone has a sens of progress.

a. Annotations component

b. Audio/Sound component

c. CAD Design Printing Scanning

d. DIS component implementation

e. Geospatial component

f. glTF Physically Based Rendering and Lighting components

g. Humanoid Animation (HAnim)

h. Projective Texture Mapping (PTM) component

i. X3D Ontology for Semantic Web

j. X3DJSAIL Java Implementation

k. X3DPSAIL Python implementation and Jupyter notebook

l JSON encoding and JavaScript SAI implementation for Node.js

m. X3DOM implementation

n. X_ITE implementation

o. FreeWrl implementation

p. Castle Game Engine view3dscene implementation

q. Quality Assurance tools: scemas/DTDs, X3D Schematron, X3D Validator, X3D-Tidy, etc.

r. X3D converters

s. others?

2. If time permits, begin adding last week's Geospatial component review issues into Mantis tracker.

[2.1] Mantis Issue Tracker
       https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

Have fun with X3D!  8)