[x3d-public] Someone smarter than me at debugging may need to solve this

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:07:31 PDT 2020

https://github.com/x3dom/x3dom/issues/1044

It's an issue with the ProtoExpander and X3DOM.  X_ITE displays it OK.  The
closest I got was that the spheres were not showing in X3DOM because of
some configuration of the spheres.   So for example, a sphere with
diffuseColor="1 1 1" only for Material might actually show up, but I didn't
get a real good chance to test it.

After 36 hours in the debugger,  I resigned, at least for a while.  I don't
know if I ever saw the spheres in the example showing in X3DOM.  I am also
concerned about which DOM document -> JSON converter I am using for
building examples.

I am working with download/dev and my deskop versions of X3DOM, so that
might be an issue?

In the short term, I also suggest creating a separate HTML file to test
with.

I changed some of the names,  generally set.. are concerned with finding
where to set the value at, and setObjectValue* is setting the property in
the correct place.

For debugging purposes, I suggest adding JSON file to
X3DJSONLD/src/main/node/PPP.js

Like;

process.argv.unshift("../data/rubik.json");

Then debug PPP.js

I have the rubik's working okay, so that would be a good test case to keep
running.