[x3d-public] Web3DUX working group minutes 6 May 2020

Feng Liu LIU_F at mercer.edu
Fri May 15 12:55:32 PDT 2020

Web3DUX Group Meeting Minutes

May 6, 2020

Attendees: Amela Sadagic, Nicholas Polys, and Feng Liu
Regrets: Don Brutzman, Richard F. Puk

Items discussed:

  *   Web3D conference / SIGGRAPH2020 announced a virtual conference format. SIGGRAPH Asian is planning to be virtual and in person.

  *   COVID-19 and Current Web3D / X3D contributions discussion:
     *   Everyone attended the meeting are doing well.
     *   Contribute and support the community by making masks, face shields.
     *   To share your 3D models on NIH 3D print exchange: https://3dprint.nih.gov/share
  *   Call participation in Web3D application UX studies:
     *   Special call for UX study on Web 3D application proposed at April 22 meeting
        *   Feedback: It is too broad. It will be hard for a user to conduct a usability test. We need more doable usability testing instruction and what to be tested on.
        *   Nicholas offered to identify some focus examples, define some study interest, give a clear task list for the users to conduct the testing.
        *   We, as a group, will test them first before publishing to the X3D-Publix for a usability study.
        *   Nicholas reported that he has not heard back from Megan at NIH about access the user data with the 3D exchange site. https://3dprint.nih.gov/collections/covid-19-response

     *   X3D 4.0 going to ISO – if there is any usability breakdown, this is the opportunity to consider them for 4.0 release.
  *   Funding opportunities: Online learning/user experience/ teaching – NSF: When everyone runs across some funding opportunity, please add it here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10P4eGK6odL-Q2cZNkqxa80LPKUNtDcxZWemNrL-Q3kU/edit?usp=sharing