[x3d-public] Humanoid Animation X3D Examples Archive, Characters Legacy, Joe SkinTexcoord Displacer Kick

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat May 16 10:19:22 PDT 2020

Kinda word salad-y here, my apologies,

Following up from previous message (Joe).

I am pretty sure that I get identical results (success) to Joe and Don in
X_ITE and X3D with X3D XML (BoxManAnimationPanel and JoeSkinKick...). I
have additional requirements for JSON, so I will pursue them with
X3DJSONLD (X_ITE works) or use Serializers instead of stylesheets,
appropriate versionitis checking, etc.   Hmm.

Perhaps we can now get HAnim spec examples
( KoreanCharacterMotionAnnex*.x3d) up to date in an appropriate place
(leaving spec stuff as is).   See:
https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/html/hanim2.html (there's also
a hanim.html) for "running" examples.

So as I pursue JSON, Joe (and if he wants to, Don) will pursue spec (Korean
Motion) examples working in X3DOM and X_ITE?   Can Joe use the X3D
validator page, or does he need to know an ant invocation? It looks like
Don's upgrades to schematron made it to the X3D validator:
https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator  If you like, you can assign me the
task of bringing the spec examples up-to-date in X3DJSONLD.  Yeah, I'll try
to do something!

Thumbs up on JSON schema testing on all 4 examples.  It's interesting to
note that JSON works with X_ITE, but not with X3DOM in the hanim.html
example.  I did think that those X3DJSONLD's were nearly identical?

I changed my import to the latest X_ITE (as Don has) with no
significant changes, except it seems like non-HAnim examples (like flipper)
are not working on localhost (fine on remote server).  Possibly an issue
with JSON serialization???

In summary, I will further test on the remote server and try to debug
JSON.  I will leave X_ITE for an update otherwise.

Please everyone look at the above link (hanim2.html) to see how we can
improve (animate and display).

Thanks,

John