[x3d-public] Constraints on X3D within X3DOM

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Tue May 19 17:03:07 PDT 2020

Hi Anthony,

There is a problem with cross-site scripting.
In the version you linked
(https://www.laetusinpraesens.org/x3dom/mandala_concord.html), Firefox
generates the error "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin
Policy disallows reading the remote resource at
https://laetusinpraesens.org/docs10s/images/helixtor_files/helix_24_rot.x3d.
(Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing)."

The referenced X3D file is accessed on a different domain that the base
content ("www.laetusinpraesens.org" is not the same as
"laetusinpraesens.org").

If you change the base page URL to
https://laetusinpraesens.org/x3dom/mandala_concord.html, then the
colored pentagram helixes show.

Alternatively, you can include a CORS header. See
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS/Errors/CORSMissingAllowOrigin
for more information.

Leoanrd Daly

--