[x3d-public] [x3dom-developers] NavigationInfo modes: TURNTABLE HELICOPTER GAME

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed May 27 10:54:18 PDT 2020

Feng and Amela: request that Web3DUX group take on this challenge.

I would like to have draft prose and example models/implementation in next 4-6 weeks, prior to SIGGRAPH virtual event.

Andreas and I can help sort out implementation support.  Dick and I plan to be providing draft prose for X3D4 specification.

Have added information to the Mantis issue for tracking this thoroughly.

* Mantis 1264: NavigationInfo type TURNTABLE HELICOPTER GAME
   https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1264

Related:

* Mantis 1194: 23.4.4 NavigationInfo - VIEWALL should be a required navigation behaviour
   https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view.php?id=1194

Thanks for "leaning forward" on this key UX issue for X3D4, I think that the scrutiny will provide multiple benefits to the working group.

v/r Don