[x3d-public] X3D agenda 29 May: HAnimMotion efficiency, X3D4 draft publication milestone

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu May 28 09:00:12 PDT 2020

Call planned this week on the familiar Zoom room. (In June there may be a change.)  Topics follow.

1. HAnimMotion implementation report and potential DEF/USE efficiencies (Doug Sanden)

2. X3D4 draft specification publication: request all active input efforts are complete in 1 month.

a. We last published an X3D4 public draft one year ago, in support of SIGGRAPH 2019.

	X3Dv4 Draft Specification available to public now!
	Release reviewed satisfactorily by X3D Working Group, 19 July 2019.
	https://www.web3d.org/news-story/x3dv4-draft-specification-available-public-now

	Web3D at SIGGRAPH 2019
	https://www.web3d.org/event/siggraph-2019

b. We are now nearing the planned milestone for public release, again prior to (virtual) SIGGRAPH 2020.

	SIGGRAPH 2020
	https://s2020.siggraph.org
	https://s2020.siggraph.org/attend/health-and-safety

	X3D Version 4 Overview
	https://www.web3d.org/x3d4

c. All contributors are asked to have their inputs complete and reflected in the spec.

	https://github.com/Web3DConsortium     (public)
	https://github.com/Web3DConsortium/X3D (working group, member only)

	Mantis Issue tracker: View Issues
	https://www.web3d.org/member-only/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php

As specification editors, Dick and I request that everything be sorted out and complete within one month, deadline 30 June.  That will enable us to confirm readiness for publication, so that X3D Working Group can recommend draft publication to Web3D Board of Directors.

3. Web3D 2020 Conference forecast.

	Web3D 2020, The 25th International Conference on 3D Web Technology
	9-13 November 2020, Virtual Conference, "3D for a Hyperconnected World"
	https://2020.web3dconference.org

4. Anything else for us to discuss together?

Have fun with X3D!  8)