[x3d-public] slides for Beginning X3D JSON demonstration

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Nov 4 16:29:13 PST 2020

Hi John, thanks for an excellent contribution, the slides and video are great.

I especially like the comparison on slide 3 that compares X3DOM and X_ITE invocation from HTML:

* X3DOM <Inline <Inline url ='"../data/ball.json"'></Inline>"'>

* X_ITE <X3DCanvas cache='false' url='"../data/ball.json"'/>

and your note that they look a little different due to no gamma correction in X3DOM (with more washed-out background textures).

The environment-mapped translucent sphere is also very cool!  I think you could make the image size even bigger without rendering problems elsewhere.

With your permission, I can upload the slides and video to the conference site.  They will get attached or linked to

* Tutorial #3, X3D4 Demos: Players and Tool Support
   https://web3d.siggraph.org/x3d4-demos-players-tool-support/

If you want to append a few slides with more visuals, feel free.  Again thanks.