[x3d-public] Box of X3D - Web3D 2020 Conference - Celebrating 25 years of innovation

Anita Havele anita.havele at web3d.org
Fri Nov 6 11:58:33 PST 2020

    *Web3D Monthly News Brief*

    *November  2020 Highlights:
    Web3D 2020 Virtual Conference  9-13 November 2020
    *

    **

    Free registration
    <https://web3d.siggraph.org/conferences2020/registration/>

    **

    **

This month we are celebrating 25 year of Web3D Conference! 25 years of
excellence, innovation and promotion of open 3D technologies! Web3D 2020
Conference to be held on-line from 9-13 November 2020. *Read Full Post
<https://webx3d.org/box-of-x3d-web3d-2020/>*

This year’s theme “3D for a Hyperconnected World” highlights the growing
and broader impact of high‑quality 3D content around the world through
high-speed networks.  When the COVID19 pandemic struck, at first we
thought that isolation was simply separating us apart.  Now it is clear
that our world is becoming more hyper-connected than ever before.  We
learn once again, from numerous stellar contributors, that 3D graphics
has many fundamental roles to play in these challenging times. We
welcome you to register and learn and share 3D innovation at Web3D
Conference Program
<https://web3d.siggraph.org/conferences2020/program/>(Papers, Posters,
Tutorials, Workshops and Demos). Free registration
<https://web3d.siggraph.org/conferences2020/registration/>.

Work related to Web/mobile, 3D content creation, 3D
printing, 3D publishing, 3D tools, and related studies in various
application domains including education, healthcare, e-commerce,
informatics, cultural heritage/tourism, entertainment, mass media,
military, and construction (and many others) will be presented. ACM
Digital Library <https://dl.acm.org/conference/web3d>publishes Web3D
2020 Papers and Posters on November 9, 2020. We hope you register and
learn and connect with the Web3D community.

  25 years of Web3D Conference papers are available in ACM Digital

Special support Special support provided by the Korean Federation of
Science and Technology Societies (KOFST)
<http://www.kofst.or.kr/kofst_us/index.html> grant funded by the Korean
government enabled free registration
<https://web3d.siggraph.org/conferences2020/registration/>for the Web3D
2020 Conference.  All presentations, videos and 3D models are published
openly online for everyone.

Together we look forward to another 25 years of amazing progress that
unlocks 3D for everyone everywhere, hyper-connected through the Web!
Highlights <https://www.facebook.com/Web3DConference> from our previous
conferences.

*Read Full Post <https://webx3d.org/box-of-x3d-web3d-2020/>*

Web3D Consortium <http://www.web3d.org>is a nonprofit organization that
develops and maintains the X3D, VRML, and HAnim international standards.
These are 3D graphics file formats and run-time specifications for the
delivery and integration of interactive 3D data over networks. Web3D
Consortium members work together to produce open, royalty-free and
ISO-ratified capabilities for the Web. For more information please
contact us at contact at web3d.org <mailto:contact at web3d.org>. Follow us on
twitter @web3dconsortium <https://twitter.com/Web3Dconsortium>

*Web3D News and Event <https://www.web3d.org/news-events>  | Web3D
Webinars <https://www.web3d.org/webinars> | Web3D Standards