[x3d-public] JSON schema generator; standardizing JSON support for X3D

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Nov 19 08:42:15 PST 2020

John, thanks for your significant work loading and validating X3D JSON.

As discussed and reviewed yesterday, it looks like JSON Schema draft 07 support by various tools has progressed to the point that we might finally test any our uses of this schema approach.  A long time coming, maybe 2 years!  Apparently draft-08 (approved 14 months ago) has still not gained proper acceptance.

* https://json-schema.org

Here is another tool supporting JSON Schema 07, which also supports X3D XML schema validation natively.

* Altova XML Spy - JSON Tools
   https://www.altova.com/json-tools

Please confirm current status regarding X3DOM and X_ITE capabilities for loading X3DJSON.

As you know we have a lot of work to get X3D4 specification ready for vote in the coming weeks.

Am thinking we should be able to pursue regularization of X3D JSON as part of X3D ECMAScript Language Binding 1977-1 specification revision, early 2021.

Have fun with X3D JSON!  8)