[x3d-public] X3dToJava.xslt compilation errors

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 16:18:40 PST 2020

I'm going to list what I do in hopes that it can be parameterized and
scripted. Don, I found a quicker way to download a subdirectory from
sourceforge without doing a whole checkout.   See next 3 lines.

$ cd /c/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/
$ rm -rf HumanoidAnimation/
$ svn up
$ cd HumanoidAnimation/

// This got rid of all the deleted folders that I couldn't svn diff because
they were deleted.

//  And, I didn't have to do a massive checkout of the whole tree or zip
and uncompress, etc.

$ find . -name '*.x3d'|wc
     79      79    2887

// This agreed with the web site for # of models.

$ mkdir ~/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data/data

// create a folder in X3DJSONLD to copy x3d files to

$ cp -r `find . -type f -name '*.x3d'` ~/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data/data

// copy files to folder created

cd ~/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data/data

// go there

$ ls|wc
     64      64    1522

// dang, we lost 15 models.  Rewind.

$ cd /c/x3d-code/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HumanoidAnimation/

$ find . -name '*.x3d' | awk -F/ '{ print $3; }'|sort | uniq -c|sort -n
[...snip...]
     1 MaskAndSnorkel.x3d
      1 NancyDiving.x3d
      1 NancyDivingProtoInstances.x3d
      1 NancyNativeTags.x3d
      1 NancyPrototypes.x3d
      1 NancyStandShootRifleM24.x3d
      1 RotationTests.x3d
      1 ScubaTank.x3d
      2 HAnimSpecificationLOA3Illustrated.x3d
      2 HAnimSpecificationLOA3Invisible.x3d
      2 HAnimSpecificationLOA3Motion.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter01Jin.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter02Chul.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter03Hyun.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter04Young.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter05Ju.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter06Ga.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter07No.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter08Da.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter09Ru.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter10Mi.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter11Min.x3d
      2 KoreanCharacter12Sun.x3d

// Ah, 15 models are mentioned twice in the file system.  Ok!

$  cd ~/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data/data

// go back

$ cd ..
$ rm KoreanCharacter*.x3d*
$ rm Joe*.x3d*
$ rm BoxMan*.x3d*
$ rm HAnim*.x3d*
$ rm skeleton.*
$ rm annexdA.*

// clear out old files

$ cd data
$ cp Korean* Joe* Box* HAnim* ..

// restore subset of files

$ rm */net/x3djsonld/data/*

// remove stylesheet produced source code

$ cd shell

// prepare for processing

$ sh donlocal.sh

// run stylesheets, compile,etc.  Get a cup of coffee to ease pains,
stretch!