[x3d-public] Fw: ProtoInstance USE without name

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 19:35:47 PST 2020

Again, the main reason for restricting to only USE in the JSON Schema is to
reduce the number of subschemas...only USE, name and possibly DEF, USE and
name (and class)--not handled.   You might argue that 3 is not that much
bigger than 2, the current number of subschemas.  If one can argue all the
possible cases without blowing your mind, I will work towards a set of
rules that can be added to the JSON schema generator.  I'm looking for
simplicity in error statements so that user can understand how to fix
the JSON document.  I hired Alex to write a simplifier, but we went with
ajv-i18n instead. This was before we added the USE-only subschema. I
believe that the hand generator only has 1 or 2 cases with USE-only.

Since I don't render, I don't need to create multiparents yet.   Validating
multiparents would be a trick, it seems.

John