[x3d-public] Projective Texture Mapping PTM node definitions

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 00:39:30 PDT 2020

I recall we talked that the PTM specification needs to address how the
projected texture affects the existing textures.

You once mentioned that the original PTM proposal contained the text
effectively meaning that "projected texture is like a light source",
but then this text was simplified (maybe too much) for the actual
spec. As an implementor, looking at WD2 of PTM (
https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-WD2/Part01/components/ProjectiveTextureMapping.html
), I don't know how exactly the projected color should be used (at
which point of the lighting equation is it applied).

My old notion about it is on
https://github.com/michaliskambi/x3d-tests/wiki/Clarify-%22Projective-texturing%22-component
, see the section """TODO: Address how the projective texturing in X3D
4 spec affects existing textures""". We talked about this issue on the
mailing list and teleconferences :)

Regards,
Michalis