[x3d-public] announce: X3D4 updates

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:07:40 PDT 2020

We encourage people to help in any way they can.  I do not know much about
VRML, but I can try out different converters on Windows, if you like. I've
heard of ones in Castle Game Engine and there's aopt.

As far as X3DOM, the original vendor flat out refused to implement Script's
and PROTOs (and VRML?).  X_ITE claims to load VRML, I think.

Let's see how far Three.js got with VRMLLoader?

I went through a lot of those "ancient" X3D loaders, and decided that the
web versions worked best for my workflow and desire to publish to a wide
audience.

As a programmer, I would probably prefer three.js.  If you're a designer,
check out Titania, Blender, white_dune.

John