[x3d-public] Annual ISO SC24 meeting - Web3D Consortium liaison report

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 23:12:49 PDT 2020

Very good summary.  I suggest whoever is doing "contact tracing" look into
the work on node2vec.  Essentially, this is similar to word2vec (and I
think is based on it).  Instead of words, paths of nodes and arcs in a
graph are created to place the nodes in a vector space where related nodes
appear closer to each other.  This provides differentiability for
back-propagation and deep learning.

Node2Vec seems to pull upon a rich history of goal-seeking, programming by
demonstration, Fuzz testing, model transformation by demonstration and
likely many others.

If anyone wants to work on node2vec in virtual environments to create
virtual agents, I would be interested in such a project.  One might think
of this as one form of HAnim animation, A BVH file representing a node2vec
path.

The way I view this is node2vec provides many paths.   One may then
seek out branching paths, then looping or self-referential paths, then
parallel paths, then distributed paths...In other words, node2vec-like
paths provide programs for virtual agents.  Obviously, I have skipped over
things like exceptions, events, stop/resume, undo/redo, reversibility, etc.

John