[x3d-public] [communications] X3D DOCTYPE problem

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Sep 12 21:15:05 PDT 2020

Thanks for further sleuthing Vince, very helpful.

- Recommend we apply limited modification to avoid Apache server redirects in specifications/ directory as you suggest.  That will minimize bogus failures to user agents.

- Have thought already that we should shift to https for X3D4, so another excellent suggestion.  Will look closely and examine further whether that is OK for X3D3.

- Still TODO: getting my account permissions restored will further help troubleshooting and comparison of solutions.

Meanwhile am happy to report that as a temporary workaround, X3D Validator will accept a scene using https address for DOCTYPE and schema.