[x3d-public] Presentation about View3dScene and Castle Game Engine for X3D4

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Sep 20 12:02:20 PDT 2020

Michalis, thanks 1M for your recent post.  Your video given to X3D Working Group is essential viewing for anyone seeking to understand how X3D4 is upgrading to include Physically Based Rendering (PhysicalMaterial), advanced Material capabilities, and non-photorealistic rendering (UnlitMaterial).  These major improvements also allow X3D scenes to inline glTF scenes compatibly.

Presentation about View3dScene and Castle Game Engine

https://castle-engine.io/wp/2020/09/06/presentation-about-view3dscene-and-castle-game-engine/

At the beginning of August, I made a presentation about View3dScene and Castle Game Engine, for Web3D webinar about X3D Browsers. The presentation is now publicly available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ku143SI2zA

Enjoy 🙂 I focus in the presentation on View3dscene features, which you get just by opening some X3D and glTF files, no coding (or knowledge of CGE API in Pascal) required. For CGE developers, all these features are available as part of our TCastleScene class, documented in a few chapters of the manual.

Apologies that I wasn't able to turn around video postproduction sooner, am very glad you have done this.  Have also retweeted and cross-linked your presentation in Web3D Consortium Twitter and YouTube sites.

The X3D Working Group has adopted Michalis design for X3D version 4.  Working draft 2 of X3D4 is published online, Michalis Dick and I are fine-tuning prose and field signatures in full sight of the x3d-public mailing list, ensuring the best possible specification that the working group is capable of producing.

* X3D4 Architecture, Shape component
   https://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3Dv4Draft/ISO-IEC19775-1v4-WD2/Part01/components/shape.html

We are on track to have X3D4 ready for public review and Web3D member advancement to ISO at the upcoming Web3D 2020 Conference November 9-13, online at

* https://web3d.siggraph.org

Once again, thanks Michalis for magnificent achievements.  For everyone: have fun with advanced X3D4 rendering!  8)