[x3d-public] add description field to CAD nodes?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Sep 27 14:57:04 PDT 2020

In X3D4 we have a description field on many X3D nodes where an author (or tool) might want to describe purpose (or usage or behavior) for an asset.  For example, you can add a description to images, sounds, Anchor and Inline content, interopolators and sensors, Script, etc.

There often seems to be simple descriptive information in CAD or BIM models that might be so captured as well.  Certainly MetadataSet structures are likely to become more prevalent, but their use is irregular and not currently suitable for hints to end users.

Wondering, shall we add description field to CAD nodes?