[x3d-public] Fwd: Convert to X3D (from glTF, OBJ, STL, Collada, ...) and change X3D encodings using online Castle Game Engine converter

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 18:24:00 PDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 8:21 PM
Subject: Re: [x3d-public] Convert to X3D (from glTF, OBJ, STL, Collada,
...) and change X3D encodings using online Castle Game Engine converter
To: Michalis Kamburelis <michalis.kambi at gmail.com>

I don't see the tovrmlx3d in my 3.19.0 version, thanks.  Moved onto
view3dscene with the --write option:

$ for f in `find glTF-Sample-Models/ -name '*gltf'`
do
            echo $f
            ~/Downloads/view3dscene-3.19/view3dscene/view3dscene.exe $f
--write --write-encoding=xml > `dirname $f``basename $f .gltf`.x3d
done
I started getting a popup window with an error, so I added the --write.
This was very good, but still popping up a small window which I had to
dismiss.

I discovered that glTF 1.0 files don't work!

I have many files now converting from glTF 2.0 to xml encoding.  I will
spot check, then upload the files to my website and send a final message.

I encourage Don to fit this into any glTF conversions he currently has,
probably with a few modifications for ant!

I release the code into the public domain.

John