[x3d-public] makehuman app installation problem on Win 10 for X3D

Konstantin Smirnov konstantin.e.smirnov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 13:56:20 PDT 2020

Hi.
I want to launch MakeHuman app, which uses Python for making a X3D
character. On Win 10 I got error: no QT platform plugin initialized.

This can be solved by copying some files from folder in Python/
Users/Appdata
But I can't find such files. Also admin copying works not fast...

Who can help?
>From Stackoverflow:

Go to you python instalation folder Python38\Lib\site-packages\PyQt5\Qt\bin

Then copy all of that files to your clipboard and paste them at
Python38\Lib\site-packages\pyqt5_tools\Qt\bin

Then open the designer.exe and it should work.

Really so difficult? :-)

Thanks
Konstantin