[x3d-public] New renderer for my blobs

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 21:38:36 PDT 2020

I am considering a new renderer for my blobs.   I am thinking of rejecting
something like a WebGL because it’s too mathematically pure.   PBR seems
attractive but I don’t know much about it.

Here are my requirements:

1.   Model light as photons, that is some kind of animated
surface/volume/material.

2.  Model photon surface interaction.

3.  Model photon material interaction.

4.  Model photon-photon interaction.

5.  Model my objects with equations, not faces.

My knowledge of rendering stems from the 1980s and includes some knowledge
of ray tracing, radiosity and I’ve heard of the rendering equation.

It would seem lke a class in photons should be appropriate.  Which one?

What shading language should I use, if any?   Would vertex/normal/fragment
really be appropriate for this?