[x3d-public] alphaChannel accessType inputOutput?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jan 27 09:49:27 PST 2021

Proposed alphaChannel field signature follow.

Appearance {
   ... all normal Appearance fields ...
   SFString   []            alphaChannel  "AUTO"      # "AUTO", "NONE", "TEST" or "BLENDING"
}

The syntax "[]" indicates accessType initializeOnly.

Michalis, is it possible to have "[in out]" accessType inputOutput?  This wont' be a commonly used feature, and might not be super performant, but there is a use case.  Modifying this value can let authors compare techniques and might also provide end users with a visualization technique (discerning subtle texture features as they are applied to geometry).

Thanks for considering this possibility.