[x3d-public] a little bit philosophy about "DIS vs. network sensor"

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:27:37 PST 2021

I don't see any problem with having more that one MU set of protocols.

I am thinking of using QUIC (with "UDP Comet", perhaps).

What we should provide I think is, at least an effort at creating a gateway.

The Internet is a really big place these days.

As I think I said before, NSN is like a Script with a variety of fields,
and network operators will not like variable fields.

That's why DIS was chosen, because you can do better protocol analysis.

I think the problem with BS Contact is that it's proprietary technology.

If we can get NSN on Linux, I think we could go with it.

If we cant do it with Wine or Lutris or Proton (?) and BS Contact, that
would be something to show.

John