[x3d-public] Refractive Materials in X3D examples archives?

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 22:07:28 PDT 2021

I was *_looking for examples that had Index Of Refraction for Chromatic
Dispersion._*

Tests mostly started from Firefox.  Let's say I'm extremely tired.  I am
seeing all kinds of behavior which I don't know is real or not.

This loads fine and clicks into rotating text:

https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Vrml97Specification/RefractiveMaterialIndex.html

The below one works, but when you click on text, FreeWRL doesn't launch
on Linux first time (user error?), second time launch works, and shows
just a red sphere, and launching .x3d file from Dolphin below works
perfect, even from Firefox to FreeWRL. First view3dscene launch shows
red sphere with green lines behind.  I started view3dscene again, and
the sphere was white.  Launching view3dscene from terminal em works
perfect. Attached view3dscene console from second try. Sphere comes from
Example07:
https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Vrml97Specification/Example07Index.html,
so there's different click behavior if one is launching from a web page
than if you run the ReflectiveMaterial.x3d from Dolphin or terminal (as
far as I can tell).

https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Vrml97Specification/RefractiveMaterialX3dom.xhtml

This displays text, clicking text does nothing:

https://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/Vrml97Specification/RefractiveMaterialX_ITE.html

Titania on .x3d file below.

John

Launching into Titania failed with: