[x3d-public] How is a shader chosen in X_ITE? Looks like it works (at least at first, and then disappears?)

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 23:21:46 PDT 2021

Handy shortcut for X3DJSONLD devs (install x3dvalidate first):
X3DJSONLD/src/main/schema$ node ~/x3dvalidate/x3dvalidate.js
../data/bubbles.json

Parsing schema
Adding schema
Schema 4.0 added
Schema 4.0 compiled
Success reading ../data/bubbles.json

Starting X3D-Edit 4.0...

Opening bubbles.x3d...

Clicking the checkbox...

Fixed one error...

Clicking the checkbox again...

--------- X3D Validator checks commenced for bubbles.x3d ---------

Performing well-formed XML check...
Checking file:/home/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data/bubbles.x3d...
Well-formed XML check: pass

Performing DOCTYPE check...
[X3dDoctypeChecker] success: valid XML declaration
found.[X3dDoctypeChecker] success: final X3D 4.0 DOCTYPE found.

Performing DTD validation...
Checking file:/home/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data/bubbles.x3d...
XML DTD validation: pass

Performing X3D schema validation...
Checking file:/home/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/src/main/data/bubbles.x3d...
XML schema validation: pass

Performing X3D regular expression (regex) values check...

Performing X3dToClassicVrml.xslt conversion check...

Performing X3D Schematron check...
X3D version 4.0 is approved by Web3D Consortium and focused on
interoperabiliity with HTML, glTF Physically Based Rendering (PBR) and
Web Audio API, undergoing review by ISO national bodies in 2021. [/X3D,
diagnostic]

--------- X3D Validator checks complete for bubbles.x3d ---------
--------- X3D Validator online at https://savage.nps.edu/X3dValidator
--------- *(Definitely *offline* here!  Thanks to the team that put
X3D-Edit together, we have a backup!)
*

*
*

Removed "Texture" from containerFields. New file attached.  No
difference seen yet.  Sometimes the scene pops up then disappears, and
sometimes it doesn't.

Looking at logs may tell the story. I haven't looked recently.

Note: x3dom shaders have been commented out locally, but file may still
be cached.

*Note:  X3D JSON validator is up and running for X3DV4! *
https://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/src/main/html/validator.html

Looks like savage.nps.edu website is down?

John

*
*