[x3d-public] STL rendering on GitHub. X3D JSON to STL example (not production or complete) code.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 13:58:14 PDT 2021

People may wish to examine my X3D JSON to STL JavaScript script!:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/node/convertJsonToStl.js

Also driver script:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/src/main/node/JsonToStl.js

Usage:

$ node JsonToStl.js X3D_JSON_file.json > STL_file.stl

(changed name of script, but I think it will still work,  let me know of
difficulties)

Note that I don't do tessellation of things like Spheres, Cylinders or
Cones yet!   Also, I don't breaks surfaces into triangles yet, as is
mentioned in the STL "spec", I believe! Contributions for
triangularization are welcome!

Enjoy!

John