[x3d-public] X3D Semantic Web minutes 16 March: meeting plans, structuring MetadataSet vocabularies in X3D4, preparing for SPARQL queries

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Mar 17 22:47:09 PDT 2021

On 3/16/2021 10:50 AM, John Carlson wrote:

> As previously mentioned,  need coordination between X3DJSAIL (jsail) MetadataString value of type MFString and SAI’s String array.   Discuss possible conversion from MFString to String array if not already accomplished for passing to SAI’s setValue method.

Thanks John.  Reactions:

- jsail concrete package extends sai interfaces so there should be no gaps in code.
- many getters and setters provided already, please look in javadoc and example programs for what you need.
- X3dToJava.xslt is applied to all 3900 example scenes, which try (and usually succeed) to validate to during build process.
- if there remains an obvious gap, please provide short sample code and we can determine if something else should be needed.

Please do not use SAI abstract methods directly when implementing Java models using X3DJSAIL, that can be confusing and is intended for (a) compliance with SAI and (b) internal usage.

> Discuss whether X3DJSONLD’s code generation needs to be improved and also further warnings on test files (HAnim v2 Korean Motion examples), once Java compiled cleanly (Don’s Java at this point).

Everything I've been doing/reporting has remained compatible across all our tools languages and encodings.  If I hit a problem will report it.

> No rush!
>
> John

Thanks, good luck with your work, take care.