[x3d-public] Path forward for JSON validation with Java

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 12:35:50 PST 2022

We have a Java environment which is capable of validating our JSON via DOM.
  We can configure it to do one file at a time.

I have a way of reporting issues one at a time in sourceforge.

So far I’ve bee in able to stifle one problem by checking for null, but I
don’t know if the patch to the X3DJSAIL stylesheet is correct or not.
After patching, I suggest running an X3DJSAIL regression test.   I have
already run a quick test such that I’ve ensured that the
NullPointerException is no longer thrown.

X3DJSAIL is an excellent library.   Adding tests for JSON validation is
something new that we are adding.   Of course X3dToJava.xslt can test the
same issues with XML.   We are debugging recent changes to
NavigationInfo.type currently which appeared in X3dToJson.xslt output.   I
hope Don does not have to put effort in.   I totally understand that the
errors may be in X3DJSONLD.java.   I have not spent much time on Java.

If you know Java programmers who know a bit of XSLT who are willing to
spend some time helping with enhancing X3DJSAIL and X3DJSONLD.java, that
would be cool.

In the short term, we don’t have a complete way to load JSON *directly*
into X3DJSAIL.  I’m guessing that will be done through adding modules like
X3DLoaderDOM.Java.

I’m working on finding time to round trip Holger’s particle systems X3D
test code, I really should get a touchscreen to type @ my desktop.